Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more personal data than is necessary for us to provide you with our services, and to ensure that your personal data is kept safe and secure at all times. Personal data is provided on a voluntary and non-proprietary basis. However, you understand that you may not be able to access or use some parts of this website, and some features of this website may not function properly or be available, if you fail to provide certain information as required.
- Personal data we collect
- Personal data will be collected in two ways:
(1) Provided by you – You will be asked for or will provide us with personal data when you:
- Request for information or make enquiries
You will be asked to provide personal data such as name, company name, email address, phone number and/or country of residence.
- Apply for job(s)
During the recruitment process, you will be required to provide sufficient personal data so that we may assess your suitability for the available position, determine the preliminary remuneration and benefit packages and/or verify your credentials and experience. The personal data you will need to provide will be specified in the page of collection, which may include:
- name, contact details including email address and telephone number;
- employment history and relevant experience; and/or
- details of education and training.
(2) Collected from use of the website – The Owner may collect information about the pages on the website that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Device information
The Owner may collect device-specific information (such as hardware model and operating system version).
- Log information
When you view content on this website, the Owner may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you viewed such content, such as search queries;
- Internet protocol address;
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL; and
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or user account.
- Location information
When you use this website, the Owner may collect and process information about your location such as the country and city you are located in while using this website.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
A cookie is a small file that is sent to your device when you visit a website to store users’ preferences and information. The cookie allows that website to recognize your browser in subsequent visits.
You may reset your browser to disallow cookies or to indicate when a cookie is sent. However, by disabling cookies, you may not be able to access or use some parts of this website, and some features of this website may not function properly or be available without cookies.
- Request for information or make enquiries
- How the personal data collected will be used
- The supply of personal data to the Owner via or in relation to this website, for any purposes and at any time, is entirely voluntary. The Owner will specify the collection purpose and intended usage of the data when you are invited to provide such personal data. Unless specified otherwise at the time of collection, the Owner does not share or disclose any personal data submitted through the website with any unaffiliated third party, unless it is necessary to respond to the user’s inquiry, for the maintenance of this website by agents acting on our behalf, or to comply with applicable laws or regulations.
- By providing personal data to us, you are deemed to have agreed to the use of such personal data for the following purposes:
- to handle your orders and process payments;
- to handle your requests and enquiries;
- to process job applications submitted by you, and thereafter for recruitment and other employment-related purposes by the Owner;
- to improve and enhance your experience on the website;
- to customize your profile;
- to measure and further develop the Owner’s website and/or content;
- to verify your identity;
- for research and statistical analysis; and
- for other purposes as specified at the time of collection.
- If we make amendments in the way we use your personal data, we will obtain your consent.
- Direct Marketing
- With your express consent, the Owner will use your name, telephone number and email address to provide you with marketing and promotional materials relating to the goods and services provided by the Owner, including the marketing of technology related products, events and anything analogous to the above.
- We will not share, transfer or disclose your personal data to/with any third parties, including our affiliates, for direct marketing purposes.
- You may unsubscribe to our marketing and promotional materials anytime by sending an email to our Marketing Department at email@example.com for handling personal data matters.
- Job applications and recruitment
- The personal data so provided may be transferred within the Owner which are involved in the assessment of an applicant’s suitability for the position applied for and/or other positions, which may be, or may become, available within the Owner.
- The Owner shall retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for future recruitment purposes for a period of six months from the day on which the application is received.
- The personal data of successful applicants shall be retained for the duration of their employment and as required by law by the Owner as described below:
- In the course of employment by any of the Owner, personal data of employees will be collected and used for various human resources management purposes. These purposes include, but are not limited to, provision of benefits, compensation and payroll, facilitating performance appraisals, promotion and career development activities, making tax returns, administering staffing, training, insurance, welfare, provident fund administration, security/identification purposes and other purposes so as to comply with the legal requirements. Such personal data will be transferred to those internal departments, and/or to other third parties such as the insurers, bankers, medical practitioners as is necessary for the purposes.
- The Owner retains certain personal data of employees after cessation of employment. Such data are required for any residual employment-related activities in relation to a former employee including, but not limited to the provision of job references, processing application for re-employment matters, retirement benefits and allowing us to fulfil contractual or statutory obligations.
- Central Data Processing
The Owner consolidates much of the personal data collected in its global network. By providing the Owner with personal data via this website, you automatically consent to the transfer of the same out of your territory to the Owner’s global network for such purposes as specified at the time of collection. Please rest assured that the Owner will take all practical steps to ensure that the data you provided is properly handled and kept in confidence according to the standards of all applicable jurisdictions.
- Information Security
The security of personal data gathered is very important. The Owner has put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. The personal data we collect is stored on our servers located in Hong Kong. While the Owner treats personal data as information that must be protected, and uses tools to safeguard such personal data, the Owner cannot state with absolute certainty, and does not warrant that communications between you and the Owner or information stored on the website or our servers will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. Please be aware that the possibility exists that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or personal information. Therefore, by using the website, you acknowledge the potential for unauthorized access and agree to assume the risk.
You agree to provide complete and updated information for the registration on and the use of this website. Should there be any changes or updates on the information you provided, please update the same yourself promptly (if function available), or send us a data correction request according to the paragraph regarding data correction. The Owner shall not be responsible for any consequences caused by the inaccuracy of any information provided.
- Data Correction and Access
You may check whether we hold your personal data and get a copy of such data, or request correction of your data by sending an email to our Marketing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for handling personal data matters.
Upon receiving sufficient information to verify your identity for correcting and granting access to your personal data, we will comply with your request within 30 days. Please note that an administrative fee may be charged for your data access request.
- Prevailing Language